JANUARY 2021: FORWARD – TOGETHER CHALLENGE SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. PRELIMINARY INFORMATION: By entry into the Sweepstakes, you accept and agree to be bound by these official rules (“Official Rules”). The January 2021: Forward – Together Challenge Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Equinox Media LLC, located at 513 W. 54th Street, New York, NY 10019 (“Equinox Media”). The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, municipal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
2. ELIGIBILITY: “Entrant” means each individual that is eligible to enter the Sweepstakes by satisfying the following requirements. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands and other United States territories or commonwealths) who are, as of the date of entry, at least eighteen (18) years of age and of the age of majority in their state of residence and who have an active membership to the Equinox+ platform service (“Equinox+ Members”). Equinox+ Members who have a past due balance or are otherwise not in good standing for any reason, as well as individuals who access Equinox+ content through a sub-account on a SoulCycle at-home bike, will not be eligible to enter. Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of Equinox Media and its affiliates and subsidiaries and their immediate family members (spouse/domestic partner, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses) and/or those living in the same household of each (whether legally related or not), as well as former employees of Equinox Media who were terminated for cause, are not eligible to enter or win.
Entrants must have downloaded and activated their accounts on the Equinox+ mobile app and/or on the Equinox+ app on the SoulCycle at-home bike (collectively, the “Equinox+ App”) and joined the January 2021: Forward – Together Challenge on the mobile version of the Equinox+ App in order to enter and participate in the Sweepstakes. The Equinox+ App is available only for the iOS and Android mobile operating systems and on the SoulCycle at-home bike. Entrants are responsible for their own mobile devices and Internet and cellular access. Data rates may apply. Entrants must also have a valid email address on file with Equinox Media. Should multiple members be associated with the same Equinox+ membership account (such as through sub-account users associated with a SoulCycle at-home bike) and a dispute thereafter arises regarding the identity of the Entrant, the primary account holder of record with Equinox Media will be considered the Entrant.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes entry period (“Sweepstakes Period”) begins January 4, 2021 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) and ends January 31, 2021 at 11:59:59 PM ET. The Sweepstakes Period is divided into four (4) entry periods (each a “Entry Period”):
Entry Period 1: Begins January 4, 2021 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) and ends January 10, 2021 at 11:59:59 PM ET.
Entry Period 2: Begins January 11, 2021 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) and ends January 17, 2021 at 11:59:59 PM ET.
Entry Period 3: Begins January 18, 2021 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) and ends January 24, 2021 at 11:59:59 PM ET.
Entry Period 4: Begins January 25, 2021 at 12:00:00 AM Eastern Time (ET) and ends January 31, 2021 at 11:59:59 PM ET.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Entrants may enter and participate in any or all of the Entry Periods, subject to the Qualifying Act limits and requirements below. To be eligible to win the Prize, Entrants must join the January 2021: Forward – Together Challenge within the mobile version of the Equinox+ App and complete seven (7) Qualifying Acts during an Entry Period (a “Qualifying Entry”). All Qualifying Entries are eligible to win the Prize, and Entrants may complete up to four (4) Qualifying Entries during the Sweepstakes Period. All decisions on the number of Qualifying Acts and Qualifying Entries completed by each Entrant will be in Equinox Media’s sole discretion, and will be final and binding upon Entrant. Entrants may use any of Qualifying Act methods described below, but are limited to seven (7) Qualifying Acts per Entry Period regardless of method and twenty-eight (28) Qualifying Acts for the Sweepstakes Period. If more than seven (7) Qualifying Acts are completed by an Entrant during any Entry Period, the Qualifying Acts will only be counted as seven (7) Qualifying Acts for such Entry Period. Except as set forth below, Entrants who do not complete seven (7) Qualifying Acts during any Entry Period will not be deemed to have completed a Qualifying Entry and will not be eligible to win the Prize. For purposes of this Sweepstakes a “day” is the 24-hour period starting at 12:00:00 M ET and ending at 11:59:59 PM ET.
There are four (4) different ways an Entrant can complete qualifying acts as required for the Sweepstakes (each an “Qualifying Act”), and Entrant can choose which of these ways they enter for a given Qualifying Act:
Complete a Class on the Equinox+ App: Entrants who complete a class on the Equinox+ App (including classes accessed through the SoulCycle at-home bike) will be deemed to have completed a Qualifying Act on the day during which the class is completed. Whether a class was completed and on what day will be determined by Equinox Media, in its sole discretion, based on review of its records and systems (including within the Equinox+ App).
Log an Activity in the Equinox+ App’s Activity Tracker: Entrants who complete and log their own activity within the Activity Tracker on the mobile version of the Equinox+ App will be deemed to have completed a Qualifying Act on the date during which the activity is logged within the Equinox+ app. Whether an activity was logged and on what day will be determined by Equinox Media, in its sole discretion, based on review of its records and systems (including within the Equinox+ App).
Check in to Equinox Fitness Club: Entrants who have an active membership with Equinox Holdings, Inc. (“Equinox”) and who check in to any Equinox club location within their membership class will be deemed to have completed a Qualifying Act on the day during which the check-in is completed. To count as a Qualifying Act, Entrant must book their visit through the Equinox mobile app and check in with the front desk of the Equinox club. A club check-in only counts as a Qualifying Act for the day on which the check-in occurred. Whether a check-in occurred on a given day will be determined by Equinox Media, in its sole discretion and in consultation with Equinox, based on Equinox’s review of its records and systems.
Attend a SoulCycle Studio Class: Entrants who attend a SoulCycle Inc. (“SoulCycle”) studio class will be deemed to have completed a Qualifying Act on the day during which the class is attended. To count as a Qualifying Act, Entrant must book the class in accordance with SoulCycle’s standard terms and check in with the front desk of the SoulCycle studio. Entrant acknowledges that by participating in the Sweepstakes, Entrant’s SoulCycle studio class check-in history will be shared between SoulCycle and Equinox Media. A studio class check-in only counts as a Qualifying Act for the day on which the check-in occurred. Whether a check-in occurred on a given day will be determined by Equinox Media, in its sole discretion and in consultation with SoulCycle, based on SoulCycle’s review of its records and systems.
When participating in the Sweepstakes, all Entrants must continue to comply with Equinox Media’s Terms and Conditions and, where and as applicable, the Equinox Member Terms (defined in Section 7 below) and SoulCycle’s Terms and Conditions.
Equinox Media advises you to consult your physician prior to beginning or intensifying any exercise or physical activity, and to see them on a regular basis. Responsibility for doing so, and for periodically reviewing the status of your health and exercise program with a physician, is solely and exclusively your own responsibility. If you experience any pain, discomfort or difficulty with any part of your participation in the Sweepstakes, stop and consult your physician right away.
Alternate Method of Entry: Eligible Entrants may as an alternative to the above entry methods, request up to one (1) free Qualifying Entry per Entry Period and a copy of the Official Rules by sending, for each requested Qualifying Entry, a 3” x 5” index card containing Entrant’s name, age, address, city, state/province, zip (or postal) code, daytime phone number, and email address associated with the Entrant’s Equinox+ membership in an envelope with sufficient postage affixed to: Equinox Media LLC, 513 W. 54th Street, New York, NY 10019 Attn: Equinox Media Marketing, January 2021: Forward – Together Sweepstakes Entry. Limit one (1) Qualifying Entry per outer postmarked envelope. Requests for alternate entries must be postmarked by the last day of the Sweepstakes Period and received by Equinox Media on or before the last day of the Sweepstakes Period. Equinox Media is not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misplaced or mutilated mail. No mechanical reproductions or photocopies of entries allowed.
5. SWEEPSTAKES DRAWINGS: In order to determine the potential winner of the Prize for the Sweepstakes, a random drawing of all eligible Qualifying Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period will be conducted. All random drawings will be conducted on or about one (1) business day after the end of applicable Sweepstake Period, but such drawing may be expedited or delayed in Equinox Media’s sole discretion. Random drawings will be conducted by Equinox Media in New York, New York, whose decisions on all matters relating to drawing and winners are final and binding. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received.
6. COMMUNICATION WITH POTENTIAL WINNER: Equinox Media will contact the potential winner by email (as determined by the email address then on-file with Equinox Media) on/about two (2) business days after all drawings have ended, but notification may be expedited or delayed in Equinox Media’s sole discretion. The potential winner must reply to the email and claim the Prize by providing any information or documentation requested by Equinox Media, which may include signing an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility (certifying, among other things, that the potential winner complied with the Official Rules), Release of Liability, and/or Prize Acceptance Form (collectively “Sweepstakes Documents”). The potential winner must complete the foregoing requirements within five (5) days after Equinox Media sending its initial notification email. If the potential winner does not complete such requirements within such period, or Equinox Media’s initial message is returned as undeliverable or the potential winner is otherwise deemed ineligible, not in compliance with these Official Rules or declines to accept the Prize, Equinox Media may, in its sole discretion, disqualify the potential winner without further notice and either forfeit the Prize or select an alternate potential winner from the eligible Qualifying Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. All results are unofficial until Equinox Media’s acceptance of the potential winner’s claim of the Prize and completion of required Sweepstakes Documents (once accepted, the “Winner”). Entrants that do not win will not be notified.
7. PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): There will be one (1) prize (the “Prize”) awarded to the Winner in this Sweepstakes. Subject to the additional terms and limitations below, the Winner will be entitled to select from one (1) of the below three (3) options for the Prize:
Option 1: Winner will be awarded one (1) SoulCycle at-home bike (ARV: $2,500).
Option 2: Winner will be permitted to gift one (1) SoulCycle at-home bike to a selected recipient (ARV: $2,500).
Option 3: Winner will be awarded one (1) twelve (12) month “Select” membership to an Equinox Fitness Club (ARV: $2,450).
The maximum ARV for any Prize available in the Sweepstakes is $2,500. ARVs are determined as of the date of the start of the Sweepstakes Period. The difference in value of a Prize as stated herein and value at time of prize notification, if any, will not be awarded. The Prize will not be fulfilled and provided until after the Sweepstakes Period ends and the Winner has been verified. The verified Winner will claim the Prize in accordance with Equinox Media’s instructions; the Prize will either be shipped at no added cost to Winner (in the case of Option 1 or Option 2) or activated through the membership enrollment process prescribed by Equinox. The Prize will be awarded “as is” with no warranty or guaranty, either express or implied by Equinox Media. The Prize is non-transferable, non-descendible, and has no cash value or equivalent. All federal, state, provincial and/or local taxes and other costs or assessments resulting from the acceptance of the Prize, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used, are the sole responsibility of the Winner or the Gift Recipient (defined below), as applicable, and the Winner or Gift Recipient, as applicable, may be subject to withholding tax. The Winner or Gift Recipient, as applicable, may be required to provide Equinox Media with a valid social security number or tax identification number for tax reporting purposes before the Prize will be awarded, and may be issued an IRS 1099 form for the Prize value. The Prize consists of only the items specifically listed as part of the applicable Option selected. In no event will Equinox Media be obligated to award more than the stated number of Prizes. Equinox Media reserves the right to substitute any Prize or Prize element with a different item of equal or greater value. Unclaimed Prizes and/or Prize components will not be awarded. The Prize may not be awarded if, among other things, a potential winner does not meet the Sweepstakes eligibility requirements or the Prize is not properly claimed.
If Winner becomes disabled or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the Prize due to illness or injury or do to epidemic, pandemic or any governmental orders or restriction, Equinox Media shall have the option in its sole discretion of being relieved of liability for fulfillment of the Prize and no other compensation in lieu of the Prize will be awarded. BY ACCEPTING THE PRIZE, WINNER (AND GIFT RECIPIENT, IF APPLICABLE) ACCEPTS ALL RISK IN USING THE PRIZE, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT WINNER’S (AND GIFT RECIPIENT’S, IF APPLICABLE) PARTICIPATION IN THE PRIZE IS VOLUNTARY AND AGREES THAT RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH.
Additional Terms for Bike Prize Options: Option 1 and Option 2 (the “Bike Prize Options”) include shipping and handling of the SoulCycle at-home bike. The Bike Prize Options do not include a Equinox+ membership ($40/month plus applicable tax) required to access SoulCycle content on the bike. Equinox+ membership must be purchased separately by the Winner or Gift Recipient, as applicable. The Bike Prize Options are available for delivery only within the contiguous forty-eight (48) United States and the District of Columbia and are not available for selection by any Winner who requires delivery to Alaska, Hawaii or any other U.S. territories or commonwealths for the Winner or the Gift Recipient, as applicable. If the Winner would require delivery to Alaska, Hawaii or any other U.S. territories or commonwealths for himself/herself and any Gift Recipient, the Winner will be required to select Option 3. The Winner will not be awarded the difference in ARV between Option 3 and the Bike Prize Options. The Winner or the Gift Recipient, as applicable, will receive instructions on how to schedule delivery of the Prize. Winner or the Gift Recipient, as applicable, must schedule delivery of the bike within sixty (60) days after the date the Prize is awarded or the Prize will be forfeited. Bike Prize Options are non-transferable, non-resellable and have no cash value or equivalent. Bike Prize Options are provided by Equinox Media. SoulCycle has no responsibility for the Bike Prize Options.
A Winner who selects Option 2 for the Prize may select one (1) individual to receive one (1) SoulCycle at-home bike (“Gift Recipient”), subject to the following. Gift Recipient must be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Guam, the Virgin Islands and other United States territories or commonwealths) who is at least eighteen (18) years of age and of the age of majority in their state of residence as of the date Gift Recipient signs the Gift Recipient Release (defined below). Gift Recipient will be required to execute and return a waiver and release of liability (collectively, the “Gift Recipient Release”), which Winner must return with the required Sweepstakes Documentation or the Prize will be forfeited. Once a Gift Recipient is selected, the Gift Recipient may not be substituted, except in Equinox Media’s sole discretion. Prize delivery will not occur until Equinox Media has received all required Sweepstakes Documentation, including the Gift Recipient Release. Gift Recipient will receive instructions on how to schedule delivery of the Prize.
Additional Terms for Equinox Membership Prize Option: If Winner elects to receive Prize Option 3, then Winner may choose one (1) Equinox club location to access as part of their “Select” membership. Equinox Clubs are not located in all areas, and certain Equinox clubs are not eligible for “Select” membership in accordance with Equinox’s standard rules, policies and procedures. Visit equinox.com/clubs for a list of club locations. Winner must activate Prize membership within six (6) months after the date the prize is awarded or membership will be forfeited. Prize membership includes only the initiation fee and membership dues for the selected location. Ancillary club services and purchases (e.g., parking fees, personal training sessions or spa visits, and cafe or retail purchases), as well as transportation to/from selected location, are not included in the Prize and are winner’s sole responsibility. Equinox membership may be used only by winner and is non-transferable, non-descendible and has no cash value or equivalent. Prize membership is provided by Equinox Holdings, Inc. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, Equinox shall not be required to allow membership to or use of its clubs to any individual, who does not complete and sign Equinox’s standard membership agreement, and any other waivers or documentation that are generally provided as part of the Equinox enrollment or membership process, and otherwise agree to comply with Equinox’s standard rules, policies and procedures (“Equinox Member Terms”). When using the Prize membership, winner must comply with all Equinox Member Terms, and Equinox shall have the right to, in its sole discretion, immediately terminate winner’s membership for any reason permitted under the Equinox Member Terms or for failure to comply with the Equinox Member Terms.
9. GENERAL RULES: By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Equinox Media, which shall be final and binding in all matters, and Entrant represents to Equinox Media that it is eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and that all information it provides is and will be accurate. To the extent permitted by applicable law, acceptance of the Official Rules also constitutes permission to Equinox Media to, and Equinox Media reserves the right (but not the obligation) to use Entrant’s name and likeness in any and all media throughout the world in perpetuity without further notice or compensation to, or approval from, the Entrant.
Proof of submission is not proof of receipt of entry. Equinox Media is not responsible for (1) incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected entries, notifications or other communications (including without limitation as a result of any e-mail filtering by an Entrant’s ISP, or e-mail provider, insufficient space in a user’s email account or errors or losses of any postal or delivery service); (2) technical problems (including without limitation malfunctions of any telephone lines, computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof); (3) fraud; (4) typographical or other error in the printing or display of the Sweepstakes, including the Official Rules or Prize descriptions, administration of the Sweepstakes or announcement of the Winners or Prizes; or (5) any factor beyond Equinox Media’s reasonable control that may impair the integrity, security, fairness, or proper functioning or administration of the Sweepstakes. As a result of any of the foregoing errors, failures or factors or for any other reason (including without limitation as a result of any governmental actions or orders, epidemics, pandemics, national emergencies, strikes, fires, floods, natural disasters, acts of God or any other unanticipated occurrence or factor, including any club closures or operational changes, not fully addressed in these Official Rules) Equinox Media reserves the right to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes, or any part thereof including the Sweepstakes Period and Official Rules, in a manner deemed reasonable by Equinox Media, at Equinox Media’s sole discretion. Notice of any cancellation, modification, suspension or termination may be posted at www.equinoxplus.com or provided through e-mail communication to Entrants. In the event of any cancellation, modification, suspension, or termination Equinox Media reserves the right (but not the obligation) to select one or more winners, in accordance with Section 5, from the eligible, non-suspect Qualified Entries received prior to the time of the event warranting such cancellation, modification, suspension or termination. Equinox Media is not responsible for any damage to any Entrant’s computer system/software related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR TAMPER WITH THE EQUINOX+ APP OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EQUINOX MEDIA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. EQUINOX MEDIA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT THAT PROVIDES INCOMPLETE OR INACCURATE DETAILS, IS INELIGIBLE, DOES NOT FOLLOW ALL INSTRUCTIONS OF EQUINOX MEDIA, OR VIOLATES OR ACTING IN VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR IS DETERMINED TO BE TAMPERING OR MANIPULATING WITH THE ENTRY AND FUNCTIONING OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION BY ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN ADDITIONAL QUALIFIED ENTRIES, WHETHER THROUGH USE OF ROBOTIC, AUTOMATIC, PROGRAMMED, OR OTHER LIKE METHODS OF PARTICIPATION, AND ANY QUALIFIED ENTRIES IN VIOLATION OF THIS OFFICIAL RULES SHALL BE VOID AND DISQUALIFIED.
By entering the Sweepstakes, each Entrant hereby agrees (and agrees to confirm in writing), on behalf of Entrant and Entrant’s heirs and assigns, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to (1) release, discharge and hold harmless Equinox Media and its affiliates and subsidiaries (including without limitation Equinox Holdings, Inc. and SoulCycle Inc.), and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and independent contractors (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all liability (including damages caused or claimed to be caused), loss, injury, illness, death, or litigation arising out of the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes, and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize; and (2) indemnify the Released Parties from any and all liability arising out of the Sweepstakes. Each Entrant hereby acknowledges that, to the fullest extent permitted by law, the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any Prize. Entrants assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by this Sweepstakes, participation in this Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize. Claims may not be resolved through any form of class action and shall be resolved individually. Entrant further agrees (x) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (y) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs; (z) Entrant's remedies are limited to a claim for money damages (if any) and Entrant irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability, so the above may not apply to every Entrant. This Sweepstakes, the Official Rules, and any claims or disputes arising hereunder, will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflicts of laws principles. Entrant expressly agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the competent federal, state and local courts located in New York County, New York. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. The Sweepstakes, the Equinox+ App, and all related pages, contents and code are copyright © 2021 Equinox Media LLC. Equinox Media’s name (including the Equinox+ name), designs, logos and slogans are trademarks or service marks and exclusive property of Equinox Media or its licensors. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted material or trademarks without the express written consent of Equinox Media is strictly prohibited.
10. WINNERS LIST: To receive the name of the Winner, send an email to email@example.com with the subject line “January 2021: Forward – Together Challenge Winners List.” Requests must be received by 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time on March 31, 2021 and must include your full name and email address associated with your Equinox+ membership. Winners list will not be sent until after the Sweepstakes Period and once the Winner has been verified.